Food safety and cereal quality
Services we offer
- Food safety (chemical contaminants)
- Food safety (biological contaminants)
- Different customised analytical techniques at the customer's request.
- Validation of food preservation and hygienisation methods.
- Studies of the self-life of food
- Determination of chemical, physical or micro-biological self-life limiting factors.
- Simulation of marketing, export and a accelerated learning programmes
- Determination of the antimicrobial capacity
- Cereal cleanness, packaging and milling.
- Ground common grain: Determination of humidity, gluten, specific weight and protein by NIR, weight of one thousand grains, % of impurities.
- Durum grain wheat: Determination of humidity, gluten, specific weight and protein by NIR, Weight of one thousand grains, % of impurities and vitreousness.
- Soft wheat flour: Alveogram (Strength (W), Extensibility (L) and Balance (P/L)), Gluten extraction, Hagberg falling number, Zeleny index.
- Flour and durum wheat semolina: Yellow index, sedimentation index (SDS), Gluten extraction, Hagberg falling number.
- Barley: Beta-glucan determinations.
- High-performance liquid chromatography with triple quadruple mass spectometer (UPLC-TQD). Waters, ACQUITY
- ICP Optic Emission Spectrophotometer. Horiba Yobin ibon model Activa M
- High-performance liquid chromatography system (UPLC) with fluorescence Detector detectors (FLD), Diode detectors (PDA), Refractive Index Detector (IR). Waters.
- Gas chromatography with flame-ionization detector and automatic injection system (GC//FID). Agilent, Model FID 7890A
- Climatic chambers KBF 240 (Binder)
- Photochem (Inycom)
- Microwaves (ETHOS)
- Labmaster-aw measuring device, Novasina
- Additional equipment to prepare samples and for conservation: Analytical balances, centrifuges, pH meters, refrigerators…
Specific equipment SACC
- Sample cleaner and separator
- Automatic equipment to determine wet gluten, dry gluten and gluten index.
- Electronic seed counter, for weight test of 1000 grains.
- Wheat / flour homogenizer
- Chopin alveograph with alveolink
- NIR analyser for protein, humidity, gluten, Zeleny, water absorption, starch, hardness, fat, etc.
- Experimental Chopin and Perten mills
- Chopin alveograph
- Automatic determination of falling number
- Grobecker grain cutter
- Laboratory mill
Food Quality and Safety CITA
Consolidated Research Group “Analysis and Evaluation of Food Safety”