Integral Control of Plant Origin Food
Services we offer
- Choice of the right moment to harvest depending on the destination (use of non-destructive classification methods, detection of internal damages, digital analysis of the image, etc.)
- Organoleptic and nutritional characterisation of fruit and vegetables. Shelf-life studies adapted to new markets
- Application of post-harvest technologies (1-MCP, AM, AC, edible coatings, active packaging, etc.) to lengthen the useful life of vegetable food.
- Application of decontamination treatments alternative to the use of hypochlorite (substances of vegetable origin).
- Studies on the antimicrobial effectiveness physical methods of low-impact.
- Optimisation of the compounds of interest extraction methods and their possible applications.
- Optimisation of the process to obtain level IV type vegetables: Selection of the most suitable varieties, choice of the preservation treatments, optimisation of modified atmosphere packaging.
- Design of the process to obtain level V type vegetables: Thermal treatment, packaging design.
- Development of new products and formats adapted to the market.
- Determination of bioactive compounds
- Nutritional diagnosis of plantations (foliar and fruit analysis)
- Physiopathy assessment
- Export protocols: Detection of latent infection of Monilinia (South-Africa export protocol). Laboratory certified in CC Aragon
- Liquid chromatography with triple quadruple mass spectometer (UPLC-TQD). Waters, ACQUITY
- ICP Optic Emission Spectrophotometer. Horiba Yobin ibon model Activa M
- High-performance liquid chromatography system (UPLC) with fluorescence Detector detectors (FLD), Diode detectors (PDA), Refractive Index Detector (IR). Waters.
- Gas chromatography with flame-ionization detector and automatic injection system. Agilent, Model FID 7890A
- Climatic chambers KBF 240 (Binder)
- Photochem (Inycom)
- Microwaves (ETHOS)
- Labmaster-aw measuring device, Novasina
- Additional equipment to prepare samples and for conservation: Analytical balances, centrifuges, pH meters, refrigerators…
CIAOVE specific equipment
- CMS700 Spectrophotometer (Konica Minolta)
- Calibre (MItutoyo)
- Firmness measurer by acoustic impulse, AFS SYSTEM (AWETA)
- Respirometer (PBI- Dasensor A/S)
- Cooling chamber (Frigo Port)
- Tecnidex controlled-atmosphere chambers
- Spectrophotometer 60 S (Thermo Scientific)
- Colorimeter Chroma Meter
- Stereoscopiic microscope with image digital camera